Dienstag, 10. September 2013

ipad sleeve

Taking inspiration form this color combination and using this great tutorial, I managed to put a sleeve together for my new ipad. I am quite happy how it turned out. 

Besides using - of course -  my favorite wateroclor vlies/ fleece for my patched outside and quilting these main panels in a cross-hatch-pattern before sewing, I tried to copy the tutorial. 

Mittwoch, 4. September 2013

Fortschritt: Kreis im Quadrat 5

I am sorry it was quiet around here - I have been so busy working on the calender, I had no time to sew. Now I have squeezed in a bit last weekend and I wanted to share.

I did a lot of thinking how to finish my sometimes a bit wonky curves into a top with god points. I decided to go with the vlies background used for watercolor quilts again - I loved it so much last time. I hoped it would work as well with the extra intersections from the curves. Yes it means cheating a bit - but I don't mind I just want to like the result :)

So I stood some hours in my kitchen to cut all my blocks to a new size. Making sure the inner quarter-circle always measured 3 inch at the outside sides of the block. The whole block was then cut to 4 inch. I placed them on the vlies, taking care to make a real circle at the quarter-matching-points and sewed a test row. It worked! So I added some more rows which is what you see here. 

I find it funny how the circles formed into ellipses for the time being, because just one direction has been sewed yet :)

Ich überlege, ob es für meine deutschen Leser ok ist, dass die Patchwork-Beiträge zukünftig "nur" noch in englisch geschrieben sind. Da wir vermutlich alle immer mal wieder auf englischen Blogs vorbeischauen bzw. uns englischer Anleitungen bedienen - reicht hoffentlich die Kenntnis zumindest zum Verstehen aus.

Ich will aber auch niemanden ausgrenzen, der es gerne auf deutsch lesen würde. Hinterlasse doch einfach Eure Gedanken dazu in den Kommentaren.